Seattle Professional Photographers Association – Trusted since 1945
Join the Professionals
- Local monthly meetings with guest speakers, photo-shootouts, and more.
SPPA Members FREE
PCPPA, PPW and Sno-King members $5
- Road shows and shoot-outs where members share their specialties and marketing ideas with other members.
- Workshops scheduled throughout the year.
- Participation in the monthly print competition leads to the coveted SPPA’s Photographer of the Year Award.
- Our annual print competition is based on PPA rules and regulations with qualified PPA judges. Overall winner receives the SPPA Prestige Award for excellence in technical and storytelling ability.
- Build links through the SPPA website; all members can have their own personalized page; plus you will be listed on the Find a Photographer page, more opportunities for group marketing and participation in event and wedding shows.
- Invitation to the Holiday Awards Dinner and Summer Picnic.
SPPA is an affiliate of the Professional Photographers of America and
abides by all affiliate guidelines.
Our competitions, seminars, meetings, and workshops all strive to create
excellence through education.
In addition to supporting and promoting professional photographers, “our goal is
to provide information with respect to creativity and lasting value of professional
photography. We are committed to excellence through continuing education.”
Join us and see!
SPPA meets on the second Tuesday of each month. See our online calendar for the specific dates, locations, and other details.
SPPA Membership – Don’t be a Pro without it!
Active Professional $
150 Special pricing for limited time! $99 – Photographer is self-employed OR Employed as photographer for corporation OR photographic instructor at an accredited educational institution. – Active Professional Membership requires proof of profession (i.e., copy of sales tax permit/business license) and submission of portfolio/web gallery presented to the Board. As a voting member, active pro’s may earn SPPA and PPA merits, be eligible for Photographer of the Year Award, participate in competitions and board positions, use SPPA logo in promotions, and attend monthly meetings at no charge.
Aspiring Photographer $75 – Person with professional interest in photography but engaged in an occupation other than photography OR is an employee of an Active Member. Aspiring Members may attend regular meetings at no charge and may enter competitions; Aspiring members may not vote, may not use the SPPA logo for personal promotion, or be eligible for the Photographer of the Year Award.
Supporting Alum $75 – Past members who desire to support SPPA. Alumni may attend meetings at no charge, may enter competitions, and will be eligible for PPA merits for teaching qualifying classes/worshops for SPPA. Alumni do not qualify for merits or Photographer of the Year.
Student $29 – Student preparing for photography career in a college or vocational school. Non-voting, may not use SPPA logo, does not qualify for merits or Photographer of the Year but may still enter competitions and attend Regular meetings at no charge.
Vendor $150 – Business that supplies goods and services to photographers. Non-voting, may use SPPA logo. Credited with Sponsorship at SPPA events. Receive a sponsor square and link to their website from SPPA website.
Code of Ethics – Members agree to the following:
1. To strive at all times to upgrade and improve their knowledge and skill of professional photography, marketing and related areas.
2. In all dealings with users of photography and the general public, each member and participant of this Association shall: Strive to present all photographic services in surroundings and in a manner reflecting the highest level of professionalism. Strive at all times to produce photography and photographic services in accordance with the highest level of professionalism. Deal with all users of photography and the general public with honesty and integrity. Avoid using any marketing or competitive practice that violates any Federal Trade Commission, or other Federal or State regulatory agency rule or regulation, or Federal or State stature, or any decision of any Federal or State Court.
1. Download the membership packet (Renewals & New!)
2. Send check or money order with the completed form to:
SPPA c/o Gail Wodzin, Treasurer
10255 34th Ave SW
Seattle, WA 98146
For your convenience you can also pay using a credit or debit card via PayPal.
Pay Active Professional Dues in 12 Monthly Payments of $15.00
Have Questions: Call Gail at 206-371-0585 or email: email@example.com